Cambridge English Language Assessment is a department within the world-renowned University of Cambridge (UK). More than 5 million people in 130 countries sit Cambridge ESOL examinations every year. Over 20,000 universities, companies, administrative bodies and organisations throughout the world recognise the certificate as proof of the bearer’s English skills.
Flying Teachers enjoys authorisation by Cambridge English Language Assessment to perform the organisation’s examinations throughout the whole of Switzerland. In our exam courses, you will be prepared thoroughly for the exam you have chosen to take. Our rate of success is a matter of pride for us: in March 2017 for example, all our candidates passed the BEC Preliminary and BEC Vantage exams.
For companies and schools, we are authorised to carry our Cambridge examinations on your premises.
General and Academic English
In the area of General and Academic English you can sit the following examinations:
Cambridge English: Key (KET) proves your ability to communicate in simple, general situations in English. Language level according to the EU’s CEFR guidelines: A2. Come and have your basic language abilities confirmed with a KET certificate! Learners at level KET can:
- Understand and apply simple sentences and expressions
- Introduce themselves and answer simple question about themselves
- Converse with English speakers who speak slowly and clearly about simple matters
Cambridge English: Preliminary (PET) is set at CEFR level B1 and demonstrates intermediate language skills and mastering the basics of English. Learners at this level can:
- Read simple books and articles in English
- Take notes in a meeting
- Understand the main points when general language is used and subjects are familiar
- Write letters and emails on day-to-day subjects
Cambridge’s First Certificate in English (FCE) is the most popular examination offered by the university. It provides proof of linguistic knowledge and skills at CEFR level B2. You can thus be confident of having the linguistic skills required to live and work in an English speaking country or pursue further education hosted in English. Learners at this level can:
- Express and defend their opinions and feelings in oral and written forms
- Understand the news in newspapers, on TV or online
- Write clear English and express different opinions with a degree of sophistication
- Compile a variety of written texts, including letters, reports and stories.
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) is in line with the CEFR level C1 and is designed for persons of an advanced level in English. It is demanded by many companies and universities in the English speaking world. Learners at this level can:
- Handle the academic flow at a university
- Understand demanding texts and discern implicit meanings
- Communicate without difficulty in professional life or in academic environments
- Express themselves clearly, fluently and well-structured, even with more complex subjects
The three English certificates Key (KET), Preliminary (PET) and First (FCE) are also available with a particular emphasis for younger learners. The exams can either be taken here at Flying Teachers or inhouse for groups.
The Business English Higher examination offers proof that the candidate has attained the same level as in the Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) with emphasis on business English, and provides confirmation of a self-confident, precise and fluent manner of English in professional contexts.