The Cambridge ESOL DELTA modules concentrate on deepening and developing your knowledge, skills and understanding of your role as an English teacher. This further education programme is designed for teachers with at least one year of practical teaching experience. You may book one single module or several, and you may attend them in any order. Each module is concluded with a certificate of achievement/attendance.
You can choose between the following modules:
- Module One provides the theoretical background to teaching and learning.
- Module Two focusses on the development of professional practice, and stipulates a minimum of 4,000 hours of teaching.
- Module Three concentrates on assessments and course planning in special settings (e.g. young learners, ESOL, English for Special Purposes, 1:1), we have various possibilities on offer.
The course is held in its entirety in English. DELTA registration form 2020
The purpose of Module One is to:
- develop candidates’ knowledge of historical and current theories of first and second language acquisition
- increase candidates’ critical awareness of approaches and methodologies and the way they are used in a range of English language teaching contexts
- extend candidates’ knowledge of language systems and skills and the ways in which they are used
- increase candidates’ knowledge of learners’ problems in developing language and skills proficiency
- enable candidates to critically evaluate teaching and reference materials and resources in a range of English language teaching contexts
- increase candidates’ knowledge of the role and methods of assessment
The purpose of Module Two is to:
- develop candidates’ awareness of the ways that different circumstances affect the learning and teaching of English, and factors affecting the individual’s ability to learn
- develop understanding of the different roles of teachers and the principles underpinning them in the context of English language teaching
- develop the skills to plan lessons for different learning abilities
- develop the knowledge and skills to support learners in a range of contexts
- develop candidates’ beliefs about teaching and help them to evaluate their own performance and to improve as a teacher
- broaden candidates’ understanding of teaching as a professional practice
- develop expertise in spoken and written communication within their professional roles
Become a Business English specialised teacher by taking part in our DELTA in Business English. The course offered by Flying Teachers will enable you to:
- develop your knowledge in relation to Business English
- develop your knowledge of the principles of curriculum design and assessment
- use practical ideas with your Business English learners that we provide you with in the course
- support and develop your learners’ communicative competence in Business English speaking and writing skills
The Flying Teachers DELTA Module Three preparation course focusing on YL teaching will enable you to:
- understand the theories and principles underlying effective YL teaching and how children learn
- identify the children’s needs and level
- design a course taking the learners’ needs into consideration
- select course material and teaching resources
- understand assessment and testing in the teaching of YL
Any questions? Please contact us!