Was ist DELTA?
The Cambridge ESOL DELTA consists of three modules.
- Module One focuses on the background to teaching and learning.
- Module Two focuses on developing professional practice.
- Module Three focuses on assessment and course planning in the context of a specialist option (e.g. YL, ESOL, ESP, 1-1).
Candidates may choose to enter a single module or any combination of modules. Each module is separately certificated : this allows candidates to receive credit for each module successfully completed.
DELTA Module One (Understanding language, methodology and resources for teaching)
The purpose of Module One is to:
- develop candidates’ knowledge of historical and current theories of first and second language acquisition
- increase candidates’ critical awareness of approaches and methodologies and the way they are used in a range of English language teaching contexts
- extend candidates’ knowledge of language systems and skills and the ways in which they are used
- increase candidates’ knowledge of learners’ problems in developing language and skills proficiency
- enable candidates to critically evaluate teaching and reference materials and resources in a range of English language teaching contexts
- increase candidates’ knowledge of the role and methods of assessment
To get a seat, check on Cambridge ESOL DELTA – Module I (Teaching methodology)
DELTA Module Two (Developing Professional Practice)
The purpose of Module Two is to:
- develop candidates’ awareness of the ways that different circumstances affect the learning and teaching of English, and factors affecting the individual’s ability to learn
- develop understanding of the different roles of teachers and the principles underpinning them in the context of English language teaching
- develop the skills to plan lessons for different learning abilities
- develop the knowledge and skills to support learners in a range of contexts
- develop candidates’ understanding of teaching DELTA Module Two (Developing Professional Practice)
- develop candidates’ beliefs about teaching and help them to evaluate their own performance and to improve as a teacher
- broaden candidates’ understanding of teaching as a professional practice
- develop expertise in spoken and written communication within their professional roles.
DELTA in Business English (DELTA Module Three)
Become a Business English specialised teacher by taking part in our DELTA in Business English. The course offered by Flying Teachers will enable you to:
- develop your knowledge in relation to Business English
- develop your knowledge of the principles of curriculum design and assessment
- provide you with practical ideas which you will be able to use with your Business English learners
- help you develop your learners’ communicative competence in Business English speaking and writing skills
Send us your application for your Cambridge ESOL DELTA – Module III (Focus on Business English)
DELTA in the Teaching of Young Learners (DELTA Module Three)
The Flying Teachers® DELTA Module Three preparation course focusing on YL teaching will enable you to:
- understand the theories and principles underlying effective YL teaching and how children learn
- identify the children’s needs and level
- design a course taking the learners’ needs into consideration
- select course material and teaching resources
- understand assessment and testing in the teaching of YL
Reserve your seat for Cambridge ESOL DELTA – Module III (Focus on Young Learners)